Temporary Business License

This application is for business operations at a location for which you will occupy in a month-to-month lease for less than 7 consecutive months. Otherwise, you will need to apply for a General Business License.

  If you are a contractor in a construction trade,
click here to apply for a General Business License.

All business activity for this license type must be wholly conducted within a building. No business shall be conducted or operated outside a building, except for the operation of an amusement activity/carnival. If you have a written lease for more than 7 consecutive months you need to apply for a General Business License. The City of Independence does not permit or allow any type of street corner or outside sales other than for an approved mobile food truck.

In accordance with Section 71.630.R.S.Mo., farmers and their employees, who have themselves raised or grown the agricultural products and produce, are exempt from the licensing fee provision when selling from a wagon, cart or vehicle with permission of the property owner. It is not permitted to purchase a product for the intent to resale.