Right-of-Way Permit Application

If you experience any issues with this form, please call (816) 325-7617 during normal business hours.

Utilities Concrete Dumpster
Contractor Franchise Agreement/ROW User Agreement holder
Contractor Property Owner


Business License

Please enter your business license number. This must be a license for a residential or commercial contractor. If you do not have an active business license in the City of Independence, please click here to apply for one.

If you have a business license and don't know your business license number, click here to look up your business license and manually enter it below.

Franchise Agreement/ROW User Agreement


Yes No


This is generally unnecessary for drive approaches and sidewalks in residential neighborhoods.

Yes No

Road or Intersection Closures

New Repair Disconnect
Are you working on:
Residential Commercial
Yes No
New Repair
Are you working on:
Residential Commercial


Yes No

Upload Plans

Upload your construction and traffic control plans. The file must be below 15 MB.

Road Closure Agreement

If a road closure is necessary, the contractor may anticipate, at the discretion of the City Engineer, a two-week advance public notice using a changeable message board.

Construction Standards